Car rental terms and conditions
- The car is given to the lessee for lease – lease is based on the car rental contract, hereinafter referred to as - '' Car Rental Agreement '.
- Before the lease contract is signed SIA '' Favorit Rent ", hereinafter referred to as-Lessor, the Lessee is informed about the car rental rules of the existing lease and other lease-related payments, car price list, auto insurance rules and responsibilities under the lease agreement conditions.
- Lessor vehicle civil liability is insured under MTPL and CASCO terms.
- Throughout the lease contract period the Lessee shall assume responsibility for any possible damage that has been done to the car by him or any third party.
- The Lessee shall be bound by the existing road traffic regulations.
- The lease payment and settlement arrangements are shown in the Car Rental Agreement.
- Car delivery and return to the Lessor is happening according to the Car Rental Agreement, how both parties have mutually agreed.
- Before signing the Car Rental Agreement the individual must show a valid passport and drivers licence.
- Legal entities before signing the lease agreement, have to present the company's issued document, which reflects the fact that the person who has arrived to lease the car is authorized by the company to lease and sign the Car Rental Agreement.
- By signing the Car Rental Agreement, the Lessee shall certify that:
►he has a valid drivers licence and the appropriate category;
►he agrees to pay for the car rental services and make additional payments according to the Car Rental Agreement;
►he understands the Car Rental Agreement terms and conditions, he has received comprehensive and complete information on the car, payment procedures, accountability, non-performance or improper performance of the case, he agrees with all terms and conditions of the Car Rental Agreement, he is familiar with the MTPL, CASCO terms and insurance coverage (including deductible) and undertakes to comply with them. In the event of an accident, which is defined under the CASCO insurance risk, the Lessee deductible is 300/150/0 (...) EUR or 100% of the loss amount, if the insurance company, for any reason, refuse to pay the compensation. If there has been a traffic accident and it is defined under the MTPL insurance coverage (Lesee is not found guilty for the traffic accident), then the lessee's deductible is 150 (one hundred fifty) euro / or 0 Eur.
►If the lessee is the guilty party in the traffic accident and CASCO insurance company finds that the car is totaled, then the lessee's deductible is 10% of the car value which is shown in the CASCO insurance policy;
►If the car is stolen and the Lessee can return the car’s key and the technical passport (if the Car Rental Agreement states that the Lesee has received it), then the Lessee deductible is 10% of the cost of the car, which is shown in the CASCO insurance policy.
►If the car is stolen, and the Lessee can’t return the car keys and / or the technical passport (if the Car Rental Agreement states that the Lesee has received it), then automatically the "cars to defraud" deductible occurs - 50% of the cost of the car, which is shown in the CASCO insurance policy.
- By signing the Car Rental Agreement, the Parties confirm that they are entitled to sign such a contract and to assume the Car Rental Agreement terms and conditions contained.
12.The Car is given to the Lessee in a good overall condition with no significant defects:
►with a clean body and interrior, with all its accessories and documents, with a set of keys and accessories;
►full package, including tires, mats, fire extinguisher, first aid kit, triangle, etc;
►with a full fuel tank. Fuel cost is not included in the Car Rental Agreement.
- Upon receiving the car, the Lessee is obligated to state claims, complaints about the car’s technical, visual conditions, before leaving the car rental places.
- Lessee Obligations:
14.1. Before recieving the car the Lessee has to pay a security deposit in accordance with the Lessor specified price list. After the leesed car is received back, the security deposit will be returned within 10 working days (may vary depending on the bank of the Lessee) provided that no unprecedented damage and / or defects ar found on the car and is in full running order. If the Lessee violates or fails to fulfill any of the conditions of the Car Rental Agreement, the lessor is entitled not to return to the Lessee’s paid security deposit.
14.2. To strictly comply with the terms and conditions of the Car Rental Agreement, as well as car operation conditions over the period of the Car Rental Agreement.
14.3. Make payments according to the Car Rental Agreement terms and conditions, considering the payment procedures and deadlines. For each late payment The lessee provides a penalty of 10% of the payment amount. The penalty must be payed in addition to the car rental payment and does not release lessee from paying the car rental payment.
14.4. Lessee is responsible for any mechanical damage, if it accured disregarding the vehicle's operating rules.
14.5. Lessee undertake:
14.5.1. not to hand over the car to a third party for a fee or free of charge,
14.5.2. not to rebuild the car, not to install additional equipment and / or not to replace the existing equipment with other equipment,
14.5.3. not to make repairs or replacements of the car’s parts without the written consent of the Lessor, independently or through third parties,
14.5.4. not to leave the keys or the car’s documents in the car while you are away from the car.
14.5.5. not to smoke in the car. Otherwise, the Lessee is obligated to pay a penalty of 80.00 (eighty) EUR.
14.5.6. Comply with road traffic regulations.
► If a traffic accident or a car technical problem accures then the lessee must immediatlely notify the Lessor (phone 26196746) and the police on the basis of the Road Traffic Regulations.
► If a traffic accident has accured, the Lessee is obligated to act in accordance to the road traffic regulations, including calling the police and / or fill in the agreed statement of road accidents.
► If a traffic accident has accured and the Lessee has been found guilty the person then has to pay a penalty of 300/150/0 (...) EUR, if the Lessee is not found guilty then the penalty is 150 (one hundred fifty) euro / or 0 Eur.
► If the car is damaged by other accidents (such as a tree or other objects have fallen on the car), the Lessee must immediately call the police and ensure that there is established an accident protocol. The Lessee must ensure that all the other parties involved in the accident, as well as eyewitnesses have given the information about the accident, so that the data about the accident is complete. The Lessee is not entitled to accept any claims by third parties what they put forward in connection with the accident. If such a case occurs CASCO insurance deductible is 300/150/0 (...) EUR which is payed by the Lessee.
14.5.7. To pay all fines for road traffic offenses where the Lessee has been found guilty, during the Car Rental Agreement period. When the car is returned to Lessor and the Lessor has determined that the Lessee has not made the payment of fines for the road traffic offenses which the Lessee has violated during the Car Rental Agreement period, the Lessee is obligated to pay the fine on the basis of state institutions compiled documents (protocols, etc.), if the Lessee does not pay the fine after the first request of the Lessor, then the Lessee has a right to withold 50.00 (fifty) EUR from the security deposit.
14.5.8. To return the car in the Car Rental Agreement specified place and time, with all its accessories, documents, set of keys and accessories in good running order and complete units, clean, with a clean car’s body and clean interior, with a full fuel tank.
►If the car is returned with not a full fuel tank, the Lessee has to pay for the missing fuel: 3.00 (three) EUR per liter.
►About the car return, if the Lessee is delaying the time specified in the Car Rental Agreement, Lessee is obligated to pay a penalty according to the agreed tariff. If the Lessee hinders the return of the car more than 12 hours, the Lessee shall pay Lessor an additional penalty of one day rental fee amount.
►If the car is returned to the Lessor dirty, with unwashed body and / or non-cleaned car interior, in addition to the rental cost of the Lessee, the Lessee shall be charged for car wash – 30.00 (thirty) euro, dry cleaning - from 70.00 (seventy) euro.
- The Lessee is responsible for the proper fuel use, filling up a car, as well as oil level, all technical fluid level control at each refueling time.
- The Lessee is prohibited:
►smoking inside the car;
►to compete in any kind of competitions with the car;
►to use the car as a training vehicle;
►to hand over the car to a third party for a fee or free of charge;
►to mortgage, sell, or otherwise make any simillar arragements with the car;
►to use the car in illegal activities.
- If the car is used in contravention of the provisions of the Car Rental Agreement, Lessor shall have the right to unilaterally terminate the Car Rental Agreement and take over the leased car. In this case, the Lessee shall bear all the costs involved.
- If there has been a theft of the car or it’s parts, the Lessee must immediately report it to the police and the Lessor(must provide the Lessor with the car’s Reg. No.), as well as to make sure that the fact of theft is registered in the police.
- Without the consent of the Lessor the Lessee shall not tow any other vehicles, as well as any kind of trailer.
- Lessee is responsible for the following during the Car Rental Agreement period:
20.1. to fully comply with the Car Rental Agreement terms and conditions;
20.2. for any possible damage done with the car to third parties;
20.3. for car documents and / or key storage - if the car documents and / or the key is lost, the Lessee shall bear any costs associated with car document or key renewal, as well as activities related to the lessor's losses (up to 300.00 (three hundred) EUR, if the car is not stolen);
20.4. to comply with the road traffic rules and to pay administrative penalties for road traffic offenses if there are any;
20.5. for car operation in accordance with the Car Rental Agreement terms and conditions, as well as the return of the car in the place and time stated in the Car Rental Agreement;
20.6. for every loss suffered by car Lessee negligence or manipulation, for violating Car Rental Agreement terms and / or other Car Rental Agreement conditions attached.
►If during the process of a car being returned to the Lessor it is determined that the car’s interiour is damaged by the Lessee, the parties shall draw up an act, etc., showing the damage to the car. After the act has been drawn up, the car is going to be delivered to the Lessor’s service station, where the damage which was drawn up in the act will be repaired, on the Lessee expense. Car repair time is counted in the Car Rental Agreement and the Lessee has to pay for the time the car is in the service station, according to the car rental fee price list. If the Lessor is not able to lease the car to other Lessee’s, due to the damage made to the car, the Lessee must cover the cost of downtime, a one-day rental fee for each day of downtime. Lessee agrees that the damage or other misconduct, as described in paragraph 14.5, Lessor is entitled to deduct the losses caused from the Lessee’s reserved security deposit without the Lessee’s presence, prior warning to the customer.
Client's signature: _______________________________
- The Lessor shall not reimburse Lessee losses, as well as any potential costs, including, but not limited to, the Lessee and / or third-party travel expenses, freight or luggage transportation expenses, car evacuation costs that may arise in connection with the trip termination during the Car rental Agreement for any reason. Trip interruption risk is not insured.
- The Lessor shall not be liable for property which the Lessee left or transported in a car.
- The Car Rental Agreement period may be extended by mutual agreement.
24 Questions that are not included in these regulations and / or lease contract, will be settled in accordance with Latvian legislation.
- All disputes between the Lessee and the Lessor shall be negotiated mutualy. In the event that an agreement within 10 (ten) business days is not reached, the dispute, controversy or claim shall be finally settled in court, based on the Latvian Republic legislation.
- The lease contract can be terminated, modified or supplemented by the parties in writing, which is the form of a Car Rental Agreement annex and becomes an integral part of the Car Rental Agreement.
- The Car Rental Agreement is drawn up in two identical copies. After the Car Rental Agreement both parties have signed the agreement one copy shall be delivered to the Lessor, the other - to the Lessee. Both copies have equal legal force.
- Car Rental Agrement terms are binding on the parties, and the parties' obligations and successors for its full extent.